VCR AT JALAN GALLOWAY, PUDU

Perhaps it was because I went there with my favourite person the first time round, or perhaps it was the food or the ambiance combined - either ways, I have fond memories of this two-storey cafe located at Jalan Galloway, Pudu. VCR was one of my favourite cafes thus far and also one that I really wanted to write about.

Rewinding back to about 18 weeks ago (credits to Instagram)... I remember it was a Friday. Sunny afternoon and a long car ride down to the center of KL to have our lunch. Saw a black building by the corner and I immediately recognise it from the many Instagram pictures I see of this pretty wall the cafe-hoppers would take OOTDs at. Already feeling familiar before I have seen it for myself. 
Beautiful window panes + flowers

Black Wall 


Corner
Lights and shadows
From above
I wanted to take pictures of the upstairs but it was completely full at the time so I did not want to intrude. VCR recently revamped their menu but during my visit there, it was still the older version and a more limited one. We ordered two dishes to share. 

French Toast RM20+ (do not remember exactly)
A fluffy rectangular brioche topped with espresso infused ice cream, berries compotes, some mocha sauce, crunchy crumbs and some kind of seeds all made up this french toast. The French toast was fluffy, which I liked, but I prefer the second dish more. 

Big Breakfast RM35
The Big Breakfast was made up of mushrooms, bacon, eggs, two slices of bread, sausages and baked beans hidden behind some greens. It was slightly on the expensive side but I have to admit it was delicious. I especially love mushrooms and VCR's mushrooms were one of the best I have tasted. Yummy mushrooms make me happy! The boyfriend liked this dish too! 

VCR gives off a very soothing and calm vibe. We sat by the corner so it was less noisy and we were able to talk. Air conditioning was good too. It was nice to see people coming in with a book, dropping by to get a cup of coffee to perk up their days and friends/colleagues coming in the cafe to grab lunch. Can't help but people watch from where I sat.  

VCR
2, Jalan Galloway
50150 Kuala Lumpur
Opening Hours : 8.30am - 11pm, everyday
Contact No : 03-2110 2330


Best place for coffee explorers and Instagrammers

Stay tuned for more x





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me

Hey, welcome to my blog! I will be writing about my cafe hopping sessions, my love for photography, fashion and travels (occasionally!). Drop me an email at shianweyleong@gmail.com to get in touch!

Followers

Blogroll

Blogger news

Blogger templates