SAGE RESTAURANT & WINE BAR @ THE GARDENS, MID VALLEY CITY

I personally don't think it is easy to choose a restaurant to have lunch or dinner at, more so one that I hope could have a lasting impression or memory in someone's mind. Yes, cafes are easy. I see a new one popping up on someone's Instagram and I immediately think 'Oh next destination!'. But birthdays are different. Birthdays are special occasions, a once in a year, once in a lifetime occasion... So for my loved ones, I intend to make it as special as possible for them. It was my boyfriend's birthday week and I decided that Sage was the perfect place for some fine dining pampering sesh for him. Moving on to some pictures.. 

Interior
The interior was quite simple. From where we sat, we could see the chef and his helpers fussing about. The open kitchen concept was pretty cool too! The waitress was quick to come by with a menu and took our orders. Complimentary bread to start with. The bread was warm and when dipped into the olive oil and eaten, its aftertaste left us desiring for more. And yet, we knew we had to save our tummies for the 3-course meal. 

Bread with Basil Olive Oil Dip

For the starter, we both chose different dishes. This was for him.
Barche Akame Tartare with Truffle Aioli and Anchovy Toast

In simpler words, it's marinated white anchovies on toast. The boyfriend said this dish was okay. I prefer mine better *lick lips*...

Foie Gras Broth with Scallop and Abalone Slices

No words to describe this dish. It was.. perfect! The scallop was so squishy and juicy it melted in my mouth. The abalone slices were cut thin and were not rubbery. Foie gras was good and what's best was that the broth had its essence. It tasted so good and the broth was surprisingly filling! Too many exclamation marks for this dish!!! This dish got me wondering how it would be like if I could whip it up. Ahhh... 


For the mains, 
Black Angus Beef Striploin
Boyfriend's dish. He had it medium rare. Cut the beef, add on mash, take a bite and you may feel just slightly overwhelmed. In other words, it was good. On point. 

Pan Fried Bar Fish with Sakura Ebi and Ohba Beurre Blanc
My dish was just as good. The prawns (Ebi) were crispy, like something of a snack that you would want to eat whilst sitting in front of the TV. That was not the only thing crispy. The skin of the bar fish was fried to perfection and oh-so-crispy! 


For the dessert, we both choose the same dish..
Peach Melba with Vanilla Ice-cream
The other choice was ; 2 choices of Artisanal and Fermier Cheese with Dry Fruits and Home Made Walnut Bread. The pictures looked quite simple so we decided on the Melba instead. The Melba was good with the Ice Cream. And it has got some jelly with alcohol on top of it as well. I prefer just the peach and the ice cream honestly haha. The dessert also comes with coffee or tea. 

Overall, I would say this meal was worth it and also, it was amazingly delicious. Glad the boyfriend liked it (: Definitely recommended if you are looking for a posh place to have a good meal at. 




Sage Restaurant & Wine Bar
The Gardens Residences Level 6
The Gardens, Mid Valley City
Lingkaran Syed Putra
59200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Contact no : 03-2268 1328


Andddd... till next time! 
















1 comments:

 

About Me

Hey, welcome to my blog! I will be writing about my cafe hopping sessions, my love for photography, fashion and travels (occasionally!). Drop me an email at shianweyleong@gmail.com to get in touch!

Followers

Blogroll

Blogger news

Blogger templates